Morninghater

Out of the granite and into the green

Monday, June 20, 2005

The Goon Squad

So the goon squad was in full effect yet again today. Per usual, I went out on my 3:30 pm break to walk up 4th Street and around the block. As I was exiting the office building I sensed that the goons were present. Sure enough, as I rounded the corner there they were in all of their moronic glory. This group never ceases to amaze me. They huddle together and laugh and giggle and whisper whenever anyone walks by then. Actually, they kind of remind me of a pack of teenage girls -- standing in formation as school lets out and gossiping amongst themselves while the lesser beings pass by. What a joke these guys are; hardly intimidating, like most gangsters when they are alone, but within this group they form some kind of lame power and mostly prompt annoyance rather than trepidation. I believe they would like to have the power to scare people, but they come across as goons and that is what they will remain.
I completed my walk and while heading back toward the office I noticed the goons were still there. I like to ignore them entirely, like they don't exist, and when I walk by they always laugh. But the joke is on them because they will never leave this place. When this place finally shuts down, and there is no more work to be done, each goon will cower in fear and loneliness and make his way out into the harsh light of the real world - it'll kind of be like a high school graduation for them. I wonder what goons do when they finally realize just how useless their lives are?

2 Comments:

  • At 5:16 PM , Blogger Lefty said...

    I hope you escape the fraying tangle of asbestos litigation before the goons.

     
  • At 3:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    "Dead Goon" by Mr. Bungle.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home