Morninghater

Out of the granite and into the green

Friday, June 03, 2005

Day of the Chicken


The chicken is clean, the chicken is happy. This photo originally appeared in Alstroemeria issue #1. Shit, that was a long time ago, maybe around 1998?? This photo is even older, approx. circa 1996. My sister, Kari, was in 4-H at the time and she raised a sheep, pig, and a gaggle of chickens to show at the local fair. During a summer spent languishing in the 100 degree heat of Lancaster, CA I assisted my parents in this absurd endeavor of washing a few select chickens for the fair. I think one of these damn things even won something.
Where was Kari this day? Who knows? Probably hanging out with her friends, and ignoring the task of having to spend an afternoon washing chickens with ma and pa. Why the hell was I here? Must have been the heat warping my mind. Great days for the chicken element. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home