Morninghater

Out of the granite and into the green

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Controlled Substances


This is Controlled Substances. This piece was made several years back, one of the first drum head collage endeavors that I embarked upon. I didn't know what this was going to start, and didn't even know of Chartpak graphic tape at the time. I was essentially cutting out images from mine and Sarak's vast collection of Time Life Science books. I'd paste them up on the old drumheads and apply a thin layer of Modge Podge on the top. Sometimes the images would warp and bubble due to the "Podge", I'd become really upset when this happened and would almost throw the entire thing in the trash and ask myself, "What the hell am I doing?" Anyway, I don't seem to have this problem when using Chartpak. Thanks, Tony, for bringing me my first ever batch of Chartpak - it started an obsession and keeps me very busy these days. More collage, and cut-out art coming soon too. I haven't completly abandoned that medium yet. Boognish. Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home