Morninghater

Out of the granite and into the green

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Heliotropes

Weird reddish haze this morning as I drove Sara to the airport. She'll be in Portland, OR, our future home, scouting things out for a few days. I'm left behind alone here in the rotting apple. Drove back easily enough, though I was afraid I'd get lost like last time when I drove home from Laguardia Airport. Didn't want to be stuck cruising around Queens half asleep with my pajamas on. Strange morning, odd dreams still lingering and swishing around in my head.

Came back to our crappy little apartment and all was quiet there, 5:45 AM, probably the only time it is ever like that. Went back to bed to try and get some sleep before work. Set the alarm for 8:00 AM. All I need is just 1 hour more of solid sleep. Took forever to find it, but I finally did. Woke up to the buzzing alarm; its jarring sound resonating within one of my post waking dreams; real fast, quick images, and buzzzzzzzzz! I slowly rose from the lonely bed and headed for the shower. It looks so much nicer in there thanks to Sara's tireless work on it. Need to make this place look nice for our departure, need to get back as much security deposit money as we can, though we might not get anything. Breaking your lease does not necessarily grant you what you want.

Out of the shower and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, forgot I got a haircut yesterday, looks funny, maybe too short. Looks like they gave me one of those US Marine issue "high and tight" haircuts. I've always hated those moronic hair cuts and now I have one. Oh well, when you are partially bald the only way your hair looks any good is when it is short. Fuck it all, fuck the way people look.

I finally got dressed and took my time leaving the apartment. Nobody there to say goodbye to so I just easily walked out the door. Walked down the street and it was actually warm, almost humid. Seemed strange to be warm all of a sudden. The heliotropes are not here but somewhere they flourish radiantly.







2 Comments:

  • At 8:13 PM , Blogger factory_peasant said...

    portland is a most excellent town. glad to read you'll be back on the west coast soon. i spent a week up there last spring buggin devil-t. if you haven't been there before, or at least recently make sure you check out Ground Control and The Avalon. if yer a nerd like me you'll dig it. there's a cajun restaurant open late that serves kick ass catfish jambalaya. forget the name, but the building it's in is under a freeway overpass. they send your leftovers home with you in tin-foil animal shapes. fucking ruling vodka drinks too. check out Powell's book store downtown. badass y0.

     
  • At 12:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ah, Laguardia Airport. I been there once. But mostly I did Newark. In and out of Newark too many times. Newark is old and cold and run down and multicultural like a government run apartment complex in a Russian ghetto. Overpowering methane smell near Meadowlands heading away from airport to NJ suburban townships. Not really townships; PA has townships. Man is happy nowhere. Or, unhappy everywhere. I do like the phrase "fucking ruling vodka drinks too" though, even if I'm taking a break from imbibing such fucking ruling beverages at the fucking moment. ruling my own private kingdom,

    matt pamatmat

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home