Morninghater

Out of the granite and into the green

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Old Tire Meets OCD Art


Here we have one of my pieces caught in an old, thick, dirty rubber tire. I placed this piece inside of this tire several months ago. I then came back to the bulb about a week later and somebody had taken the piece out of the tire and placed it not too far away, and in a less "effective" area. Normally I do not care what people do with my art once it is taken down to the bulb, it is all part of the transient nature of the place. However, this piece worked so well inside of this tire that I couldn't handle it not being in there. So I picked it up and scrambled upon the rusted re-bar to once again put it inside of the tire. Man, that tire is dirty too! My hands were pitch black after handling it. Who would go through the trouble of taking that damn thing out of the tire? It is wedged in there really well. Some people are nuts, I guess, they always gotta have things their way, oh wait, I think I just described myself. So be it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home