Morninghater

Out of the granite and into the green

Friday, May 06, 2005

Journey Into the Heart of the Beast

I was trapped in a world of make-believe for three days -- I was stuck there. I drove in the inky blackness of night across a vast highway teeming with boredom and repetition. Along the way I saw the endless brown landscape stretched for miles, the brown turned a muted orange as the sun finally set to bring in the lonely emptiness of dark. The dark came and that was that, just as black as you can imagine. The only thing hopeful was the red, flickering lights of the backs of vehicles scrambling for positions, and the occasional orange street light cutting through the musky night. A stop or two at commercial structures along the way allows the legs to stretch and the bladder to empty, but they always offer the dull nothingness and promise of nothing new; same faces, same vehicles, large families, feeding the mouths, same chain restaurants, nutrition at an all time low. Quickly jump back in to start 'er up and wonder why the fuck am I heading down this way.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:19 PM , Blogger Joe said...

    Despite Hwy 5 depression, the trip was sorta eventful, as I was able to visit with my parents, talk with Ffej, see my friend's band play in LA (Jon, you need to chill out on your "rock star" persona -- you wear glasses for fucks sake!), visit my bi-polar sister, and visit old skateboard spots now overgrown by weeds. Yeah, I guess it was worth the trip, kinda.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home