Morninghater

Out of the granite and into the green

Friday, April 08, 2005

A Series of Stupid Tests

40 WPM, 45 WPM, what the fuck!? Typing tests. I hate 'em. I have considered myself a fairly decent typist for the past several years. I have no idea how fast I actually "punch the keys", but I manage to get things done, and put words to paper/blog. However, any company or prospective employer that is basing the hiring of myself on the speed of my typing can go straight to hell-in-a-handbasket. Fuck those people. Hey, you readin' this? How fast do you type, sucker? I bet you type about as fast as I do, huh? Ahh fuck it. Y'all got yr. $60,000/year jobs. Cool, yeah cool. I'm 33 (old bald man) and I bet I will never make more than $16 an hour.
I tried the other day to go out and get a new job, but both of the places I had interviews at had me do the same exact things -- take fucking stupid typist tesst, and spelling tests (which is easy, because I cannn speeeel reallies well. Yeah, yeah. So for instance, I bet if I get a job as a delivery driver they'll probably make me take a typing test. "So Joe, yes, we are interested in having you work for us as a driver, but why don't we go and set you up with a typing test first, and if you can type 80 WPM, we'll talk more." Do I look like a slow typist or something? Maybe I just look sorta slow, and people want to make sure that I'm not a complete idiot. Yeah, I'm losing my hair, and have a big forehead, but it does not say, "Insipid, slow man contained inside, please administer typing test before considering using." Fuck all.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:49 PM , Blogger Lefty said...

    I am a worse typer than anyone I know. YOU know that for sure! Have you thought you are applying for the wrong type of job? Maybe that's it.

    I wonder if the president can type. I bet not! I bet he sends out emails like this:

    hey dick--condi loked hot the other nite. aks colin does he bone her? wud laura mind, hu?
    late, G.

     
  • At 3:50 PM , Blogger Joe said...

    hehehe. I like that.

     
  • At 5:25 PM , Blogger .. said...

    bitch, why don't you post funny shit like that on my blog? CONFOUNDED ACCUSATIONS. Maybe you should start before i, before i do something mean. Like make fun of your pants, in a dickish manner.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home