Morninghater

Out of the granite and into the green

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Mazes and Boxes



This here is "Mazes and Boxes". A fairly uninspired name for the biggest piece I have done thus far (approx 25" x 25"). One big old square on the white wall. My parents were visiting when I mounted this. I think my mom liked some of my stuff, she is more into impressionistic art, like paintings of fruit baskets and rural landscapes. But, I think she can appreciate that her OCD'd son has a particular interest in complete abstraction. My dad helped me put this on the wall and leveled it nicely. My dad is the best, but his knees are rapidly going to the wayside. I feel badly because he used to always run faster than me when I was young. He was quick and lean. Although he certainly wasn't a jock, he could still hold his own at a slow-pitch softball game. I always enjoyed how he never watched football, fuck football. Football is the most pointless sport invented by man. I hope my father's knees start feeling better so that he can still feel the exhilaration of running. It's sad when our bodies start falling apart -- we are not meant to work perfectly forever. This piece is dedicated to my dad, David Victor Ryckebosch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home