Morninghater

Out of the granite and into the green

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Cat's Got My Finger

In the early morning hours, once again, dreams blend with the radio sounds.

Saying such strange things, melding with my subconscious, passing through.

I'm in a doctor's office, somewhere, the doctor is talking to me about being an "extreme runner" talking about how on his 30th birthday, late at night, he suddenly just ran for 30 miles until he was exhausted. Seems strange, 'cause in reality on the radio near my bed a man is being interviewed about the same thing, he is telling the same exact story. An orange cat appears, seemingly from nowhere, a pretty cat it is, so I begin to pet it. Suddenly the cat turns evil and bites my finger, I can feel its sharp little teeth and raspy tongue gripping down on my pinky. I yell for it to stop, I yell at the doctor and tell him to get it off, nobody is doing anything, the doctor is still talking about running. I'm freaking out, trying desperately to get the fucking cat to release my finger -- it won't. The radio hums, seeping into my head, where did this stupid cat come from!?

I awake, finally. What a terrible little dream. The radio is still on and the runner is still talking about his experiences. What the fuck? What is this called when reality blends with dreams? Feel like it is something out of a Gondry film. I look at my pinky, no bite marks, but it hurts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home