Morninghater

Out of the granite and into the green

Friday, November 03, 2006

fall into


my ailments
are common
yet
somehow
seem
too important
***
UN's narrow spires
like grey Lego blocks
echo jackhammer
back into
bustling streets
***
overpriced M food
for the hungry
mouths
$1 more
than I
knew before
***
giggly females
insipid
inane
$200 flip-flops
laugh their way
through
ivy leagues
***
I was "J. Douchebag"
once
at a Halloween party
a parody
but now
in this city
a frightening reality
all too apparent
the real 'douchebags'
exist
a plenty
***
a nice fall day
fucking harsh city
contrasted
conflicted
I hope to take
some of this
Eastern sunshine
albeit weak
into me
for dark will come
***
beyond these confines
Sara and sister
those whom I only
care about here
took a beautiful hike
through
blazing leaves
crisp air
on a Sunday
a day I normally revere as:
bleak
destitute
uneventful
trudging
but made much better
and needed
during these
complicated times
in dystopian city
***
my friends
please don't slip away
'cause I'm afraid
I will
never
see your
faces
again




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home