Morninghater

Out of the granite and into the green

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Sleepwaking

I woke up this morning still asleep. Sleepwaking is what it is called, and it usually occurs when one is not feeling very well, such as I was this very morning. The day before was a strangely hurried day for me. I don't normally like to talk about the day, any damn fool talks about his day, a boring and cliched forum. But I am a damn fool, a damn, balding, glasses wearing fool. The purpose of this blog is to discuss those strange, ephemeral little moments of time concerning the resting of the head on a pillow for sleep, and the time in-between waking the next day. Yeah, that's what I want to discuss. But at any rate, yesterday was a strange day because I drove all the way to Monterey, CA from Berkeley for a work assignment that involved looking through and photocopying old telephone books. I think the driving was what did it to me - I mean the reason why I had such strange dreams and felt nauseous when I woke up today. I stopped on the way home from Monterey somewhere along Hwy 1, I think I was on the outskirts of Santa Cruz, kind of near Half Moon Bay. I stopped to take a piss and to take in the small sliver of crimson sunset touching down on the far off horizon. Such a nice sight, but the air was thick and cold and my throat started to get scratchy when I got back into my car. I think that is why I felt a little sick when I woke today, and why I dreamt of Filipinos holding me hostage on an island somewhere. Sleepwaking, try it, because you've never felt more alive than when you wake and realize you're still asleep, yet in full control of everything you do.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:52 AM , Blogger Lefty said...

    Oh, did you really dream of Filipino pirates? Are you on Team Zissou now?

     
  • At 11:25 AM , Blogger Goodkingalan said...

    When I sleepwalk I never realize I am dreaming, sounds fun though.

     
  • At 11:28 AM , Blogger Goodkingalan said...

    Just realized you said sleep waking not walking..
    Well never done that either, still sounds interesting.
    I must go finish learning how to read now..

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home