Morninghater

Out of the granite and into the green

Thursday, December 30, 2004

A Dream of Cellos and the Past Year

Last night I dreamt that my parents had given me a cello for X-mas. It was really old and came with a crazy bow that was very big, bulky, and cumbersome. I'm not quite sure what the deal was with this dream. Am I meant to play the cello? Shall I look into purchasing a cello and take lessons? I do play drums, I love playing drums - they are a big part of my life. But it's funny, I never dream of playing drums, I mean, my dreams do not normally revolve around the physical action of playing drums. Maybe I don't dream of drumming because it something I already do all the time? We normally dream about the intangible, yes? But sometimes we dream about the banal, everyday, and trite things that make up a large percentage of our lives. I'd like to only dream about the intangible, the what-we-don't-haves, the fantasies, the giant unicorns crushing the sun, manticores, and ligers alike. At any rate, my cello dream was nice, so maybe I'll look into purchasing a used one someday, maybe.
So, the year is ending and I thought I would like to reflect on some things that made 2004 memorable. A top ten list, so to speak (the good and the bad)
1. Getting engaged to Sarak B. (good)
2. TRD's March and Sept tours (good)
3. Meds before sleep (good and bad)
4. New Macha record, and Macha live (good)
5. Alstroemeria issue #10 (good)
6. New sparks of creativity (good)
7. Drumming (good)
8. Being pissed off at the election results (bad)
9. Bums' Paradise (good)
10. Jonathan Ames reading and his new book 'Wake Up, Sir' (good)

Ok, so that is not the most exciting of year-end lists. But it is mine, and I think it kind of sums up what I felt about 2004. There are many more things to list here, but it would be boring to read, and most people have limited attention spans anymore - they've all received fancy X-mas items, and have no time to read Morninghater's thoughts. Some guy named the "Powdered Sock" actually read one of my blogs, that was nice of him (or her?). Anyway, go ahead and feast tonight, for tomorrow knows nothing, and the future is a distance not yet covered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home