Morninghater

Out of the granite and into the green

Friday, February 10, 2006

Such an idiot


See this piece here? Yeah, I know, another one of Joe's art pieces, blah, blah, blah...Anyway, I sold this piece on stinkin' eBay for $10 bucks. I am pissed. I started the auction at a low price ($10) just to encourage bids. Sometimes this works and sometimes you get royally fucked. I got royally fucked. I thought maybe it would go up to at least $50 and that would be fine, although that is still quite under the value of what I think this piece is worth. I don't know shit about selling art. This is the last time I sell any of my art pieces on Ebay. I hope the guy who bought this in Michigan is happy; he just got a nice piece of art for a really good price. All my fault. And to top if off, and add insult to injury, I didn't calculate the shipping costs correctly and ended up having to pay $5 out of my own pocket for the additional shipping charges. Man, I am truly stupid sometimes. I enjoy eBay for what it is worth, but maybe it isn't quite the right venue for selling original art? I spent at least a week making this piece and what do I get, $10 lousy bucks. Fuck this. Man, I'll just keep my stuff to myself from now on.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:39 AM , Blogger .. said...

    anytime i've ever sold something I've made i'm just happy to have it up in some goofball's house. Try and think of it that way... I don't know, nice piece though.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home